Thursday, May 3, 2012

Micah Dron - It's Time to Talk

This blog is about my son, Micah Dron.   He is 17 years old and he has bronchiectasis .  My reasons for writing about Micah and his life are many.  Its a great way to keep family and friends informed.  Its a tool to help me process all that is happening in Micah's disease and treatment and all the thoughts and feelings that go along with it.  But at the top of that list is that the years allotted to him will be fewer than most people get and you may never have the chance to get to know him. And Micah is a person who should have a chance to be known.

Now, I'm no writer. So this blog will not be eloquent by any stretch. I will say things that might not make sense to you. I may vent.  I may yell.  I may cry or celebrate.  I may tell stories or just give information about the latest developments in his treatment.  It's hard to say. 
I am a Christian and you will see faith as a central theme in my philosophy but that does not mean I always play nice.  Terminal illness is mean.  Sometimes I am too.  I apologize if I ever offend with my choice of words or language. It's not my intent to be offensive, but to just tell it like it is.  Open & honest communication. Sometimes raw and sometimes painful, but very real.
Maybe our story will educate you.  I hope you find some comfort or redemption in these ramblings.  The best I could hope for is that someone gain from our experiences.  But in truth the most I'm looking to do is to talk about my son, Micah while he's still here.  Because my Micah is a rock star.

2 comments:

  1. Okay - I already teared up just reading this. Thanks for being willing to share!

    As always if you ever need help with anything let me know!

    Danita

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brave mom you are and your whole family! Micah - YOU ARE A ROCK STAR! You've touched my life and I will never be the same because of you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete